Saturday 17 May 2014

A week full of algorithmic coding

Last sunday I participated in the round 1C of Google Code Jam 2014 and secured 4128 position after solving one small input problem ,that means I am out of my first ever GCJ participation . I am quite happy as well as satisfied with my performance in the competition as I am still in the early stages of learning phase I think my performance was good .
My performance in GCJ 14 at a glance -

Qualification Round - ranked 15128(Solved 3 problems)
Round 1A - 3624(without solving a single problem :P )
Round 1B - 6209(solved 1 ques)
Round 1C - 4128(solved 1 ques)

It may not look good but after knowing the fact that this performance was given by a person who learnt his first programming language just 5 months back!! it certainly looks good isn't it ?
I look forward to improve my algorithmic skills and I will make sure that I'll improve my performance in the next GCJ . 
Today my semester result got announced and I scored an 'Ex' 10/10 points in lab section of programming course and 9/10 'A' in Theory course .Good to see those letter grades in the grade sheet. :)
I was practicing binary search and top down approach(Dynamic Programming) these days .
I was amazed to see the power of simple algorithm of binary search thanks to the Topcoder tutorials. 
Algorithmic Coding Rocks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment