Sunday 25 May 2014

Learning the hard way

So, now I've decided to push my coding skills to a new level. This week I was solving Div 2 250 problems on Topcoder . On an average I am doing 3-4 problems on it spending around 30-60 minutes on each of them trying to understand them and coding them.If I get stuck at something I am reading the editorials of the problem to further check my solution or to get new ways to do the same problem.This not only improves my coding skills but gives me a different approach to do the same question also.As of now I am not participating in SRMs and Codeforces contests  because I want to first sharpen my axe for a good amount of time and then cut the tree smoothly rather than cutting the tree with the blunt axe .

I am learning C++ these days.Its good to go with C++ when you have C basics with you.

Also this week I participated in Codechef's short contest and  managed to solve 2 problems . This was the first time when I could solve more than 1 problem on their contests and now I am ranked 1226 worldwide and 721 in my country in short contests.

I am certainly improving day by day . I can see that improvement as now I can think much more faster on how to solve a particular solution and I will continue to practice more and more..

No comments:

Post a Comment