Monday 8 December 2014

ACM ICPC Kharagpur Onsite 2015

What should I say about this ?
It was a complete blunder . A BIG blunder . Everything was ok, we solved 3 out of 10 questions too still it was a blunder.

We got Disqualified. We 3 people were taking lunch after the contest and I got a phone call that please come in the computer lab . I asked the person on call, what is the reason for this? what happened ? He told that its very urgent so please come fast. The news was that we got disqualified and the reason was that as we had already participated in 2 regionals this year . We were not eligible to appear for this one but due to delay by baylor officials they couldn't inform us earlier .

Whole story -

We applied to all the regionals Amritapuri,Kanpur,Kharagpur .We made Demand Draft for Amritapuri and sent it . We participated in the online round we got selected for it but we didn't go for onsite .
For Kanpur, due to our mid semester examinations and some other problems we didn't even send D.D. for it.
Lastly, we filled for Kharagpur and we sent the D.D.

The reason which the Kharagpur officials gave for disqualification was that we had already participated in 2 regionals in the current year so, we were not allowed for further participation. We tried to make them clear that for Kanpur we didn't even send D.D. so they shouldn't count it as a participation but they said they got a mail from baylor that we have been disqualified based on strict rules so nothing can be changed and this decision is final.

Aftermath -

Its december again. Just one year back I started my programming journey and I learned a lot by doing competitive programming. Right now I am not feeling good or you can say not in a mood to continue competitive programming. I am in search of something else. Something like software development or application development.

So, is this the end of my competitive programming career?
Yes ?

Is this the end of my programming career ?
Definitely Not

Will I be able to become a good programmer ?
Only time will tell.

In past 4 months I learned a lot about myself and what all things I like and dislike. I do things which I truly like and I don't like being captured in a stereotypical image.
Breaking it for me and myself .

The journey is still on !

No comments:

Post a Comment