Sunday 27 July 2014

Lucky Start in new semester

I reached hostel on 20th July afternoon. After taking rest for sometime I was ready for the Codechef's Cook Off contest . I started off well by submitting the first problem in the 7th minute . That was a very simple problem,  after that I attempted one more easy problem but made a very simple mistake and got penalized for that . Penalty was 20 extra minutes in my actual time . It was very frustrating that in an easy problem I missed one small condition and straight away I was penalized heavily for that but after one wrong attempt I submitted it successfully . Luckily I completed all the problems that were within my reach in time as just after submitting the second problem current went off .
I got 454th rank overall in the contest.

This week I was doing problems randomly as I was busy getting prepared to attend the classes and adjusting in a new room .
I did a problem on floating numbers and got a tip from a senior while doing it from a senior that if we enter a floating no. from the user like 0.02 it gets stored in the memory as 0.0199999999...(you can't see it as while printing the no. it shows 0.02 only ) while converting the decimal parts in binary the precision is not infinite so these things happen and thus a bug may easily enter our 'bug free looking' program .So,its advisable to use string to take the no. from the user and then manipulate it accordingly .
 
I've made a time table for myself I hope it will help me to manage my time properly . I know that managing programming and studies will going to be a challenging task for me but I'll try my best.

Thanks for reading and keep coding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment